Scrumptious Italian flavored stuffed artichokes whipped up in the Instant Pot. Make this recipe for your next get together and be sure to please.
Classic Italian season spices including marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil flavor this delicious dish. Creamy, cheesiness stuffed between the perfectly steamed leaves making for such a yummy pupu (appetizer).
Here’s some other Instant Pot recipes
What are artichokes?
Artichokes are a globe shaped vegetable with many pointy leaves. The edible portion of the artichoke is at the base of the leaf and the base.
Are artichokes healthy?
Yes. Artichokes contain one of the highest amounts of antioxidants in the vegetable category. It’s low in calories and a good source of fiber, vitamin C, folate, and magnesium.
When are artichokes in season?
Peak season is generally from March to May and another smaller season in fall.
How to prepare artichokes?
- Trim pointy ends of leaves
- Cut about ½’ off the top of the artichoke
- Spread out leaves
- Clean out the central core to remove the hairy center
- Steam to cook and soften the edible portion of the leaves
How to eat stuffed artichokes?
Pull off a leaf from the artichoke, dip the bottom of the leaf that was connected to the artichoke in the stuffing, then run your teeth along the leaf to remove the soft, edible portion of the leaf.
How to make Instant Pot stuffed artichokes?
Add water to the Instant Pot’s inner pot and set to saute. In a mixing bowl combine panko, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, sour cream, Parmesan, and garlic. Set aside. Prepare the artichokes as listed above. Before cooking, spread the leaves out a little farther and stuff with mixture. Place trivet in the Instant Pot and place artichoke in stem side down. Close lid and set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Quick release. Serve warm.
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 artichokes
- 1 cup water
- Add water to the Instant Pot's inner pot and set to saute
- In a mixing bowl combine panko, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, sour cream, Parmesan, and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the artichokes as listed above. Before cooking, spread the leaves out a little farther and stuff with mixture.
- Place trivet in the Instant Pot and place artichoke in stem side down. Close lid and set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Quick release.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases***