Browned seasoned ground beef, al dente elbow macaroni, tossed in a flavorful red tomato sauce whipped up quick and easy all in one pot. This Instant Pot Goulash recipe is a favorite of my kids and will be a favorite of yours as well.
What kid, or adult for that matter, does love pasta? So, so yummy!
Looking for a quick weeknight dinner idea? Something the kids will love? Easy clean up? Check, check, and check.
Classic goulash cooked warp speed in the Instant Pot.
Looking for other Instant Pot recipes? Check out my recipes for
What’s an Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker. If you don’t have one, you’re missing out. Amazon always has sales on this countertop appliance. Add it to your collection today.
Do I have to make this recipe in an Instant Pot?
No. You can make this recipe on the stove. Just boil the macaroni until al dente and toss in with the rest of the ingredients.
What is goulash you might ask?
Goulash is a soup or stew of seasoned meat and veggies that is thought to have originated in Hungary. The American twist on this often includes ground beef, elbow macaroni, and tomatoes.
What other meats can be substituted in this recipe?
- Ground turkey
- Ground chicken
- Cubed steak
- Ground pork
- Want a meatless option? Try crumbled tofu.
How to store goulash?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes. Place in a zip top bag and store in the freezer for a few months. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and warm up in the microwave or on the stove.
This one pot dinner is perfect for this cozy fall weather.
Other great pasta recipes
Let’s get to making Instant Pot goulash.
First up, set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Add a drizzle of the oil of your choice. I used avocado oil, but you can use vegetable, canola, olive oil, etc. Toss in ground beef, onion, celery, bell peppers, bay leaf and cook until ground beef is browned and onions are slightly translucent. Now the seasonings. Add in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, shoyu. Stir to combine. Saute for a few minutes. Then add in the broth. Bring to a simmer, then add macaroni and paprika and stir combine. Next you’ll add the tomatoes, ketchup, and tomato sauce. Do not stir after this step. Place the lid on and turn the steam release knob to the sealing position. Turn off saute mode. Cook on manual high pressure for all of 3 minutes. Quick release and toss in the corn. Stir to combine. You can top with shredded cheese, grated parmesan, sour cream, parsley. Cool slightly and serve. ENJOY!
Instant Pot Goulash
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup corn
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Add a drizzle of oil. Toss in ground beef, onion, celery, bell peppers, bay leaf and cook until ground beef is browned and onions are slightly translucent.
- Add in Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, shoyu. Stir to combine. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add in the broth. Bring to a simmer, then add macaroni and paprika and stir combine.
- Add the tomatoes, ketchup, and tomato sauce. Do not stir after this step.
- Place the lid on and turn the steam release knob to the sealing position. Turn off saute mode. Cook on manual high pressure for all of 3 minutes.
- Quick release and toss in the corn. Stir to combine. Cool slightly and serve.
© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Love this recipe? Please give it a 5 star rating.
Pin for later.