Instant Pot egg bites are quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker. Each batch totally customizable to your liking. Perfect for meal prep and sneaking in those veggies.
With school back in session after winter break I’ve realized that I need to be better at planning and preparing my meals ahead of time. The morning rush before school and work can get hectic. Meal prep for breakfast really helps alleviate some of the stress in the day.
With the new year I really wanted myself and my family to eat healthier. It’s so easy to turn to boxed sugary cereals, but there are so many other healthier options,
In comes Instant Pot egg bites. These egg bites are inspired by Starbucks sous vide eggs bites that have become quite popular on their menu.
Cheesy fluffy eggs with diced spinach cooked up in single servings and packed with protein and other vitamins and minerals. Make these quick and easy in the Instant Pot and store in the fridge for the week. Meal prep for the win.
What tools do I need to make Instant Pot egg bites?
- Instant Pot as the title suggests. I use a 6 quart Instant Pot for my family of four, however you can opt for the smaller 3qt or the larger 8qt.
- Silicone egg bites mold. I purchased mine on Amazon.
- Trivet. I just use the one that came with the Instant Pot. Or you can pick up a silicone one like the one here .
What ingredients do I need to make egg bites?
The nice thing about egg bites is they are truly customizable. If you have picky eaters you can opt out of anything. This recipe calls for eggs (well that might be an obviously ingredient), spinach, cheddar/mozarella cheese, salt/pepper.
What other fillings can I use?
Bacon, bell peppers, ham, mushrooms, onions.
How long does it take to make Instant Pot egg bites?
About 20 minutes total from start to finish.
Are Instant Pot egg bites keto friendly?
It sure is. You can always customize the fillings which also helps you stay keto.
Egg bites are also gluten free, vegetarian. Cheese is not Whole30 approved, but you can opt to leave that out and comply with standards.
How to store Instant Pot egg bites?
If you are not going to eat the egg bites right away I suggest storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also freeze and it will last for 6 months to 1 year. When ready to heat just warm up in the microwave.
How to make Instant Pot egg bites?
Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place trivet in pot and set aside.
Spray egg bites silicone mold with non-stick spray.
In a medium mixing bowl add eggs, cheese, spinach, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
Pour egg mixture evenly in to egg bites silicone mold. Carefully lower mold on to trivet. Close lid and set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Qiuck release.
Remove egg bites from mold. Allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Egg Bites
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup spinach diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place trivet in pot and set aside.
- Spray egg bites silicone mold with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl add eggs, cheese, spinach, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour egg mixture evenly in to egg bites silicone mold. Carefully lower mold on to trivet. Close lid and set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 8-10 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove egg bites from mold. Allow to cool slightly. Enjoy!
© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases***