Instant Pot chicken broccoli rice casserole is one of the easiest quick weeknight meals around. Tender chunks of chicken, vibrant green broccoli, alongside perfectly cooked rice, and smothered in ooey, gooey cheese.
As a busy working mom, I am always trying to find quick, easy weeknight meals for the kids as well as try to keep it as nutritious as I can. The game changer for me on this is. . . the INSTANT POT.
The Instant Pot has become my best friend in the kitchen. It makes making dinner after a long day of work and kids after school activities so much easier. I have a family of 4 and I use the Instant Pot Duo 6 quart. More than enough space to feed us all. If you have a smaller family, you could use the 3 quart and if you have a larger family you could use the 8 quart.
If you are looking for other Instant Pot dishes, check out these recipes.
Another big battle for me is getting my kids to eat veggies. I can’t blame them. I grew up quite the picky eater myself. I have been on a mission to get these guys to eat healthier food options.
And let me tell you my friends, this dish has been a winner in the veggie consumption category. The broccoli is cooked perfectly and when mixed with chicken, rice, and cheese I don’t get a single compliant from my kiddos about eating it.
Another great dish to sneak in veggies are my Instant Pot egg bites.
Did you know that broccoli comes from the cabbage family and is packed with vitamin C (great for your immune system) and vitamin K (great for blood/bone health).
What do I need to make Instant Pot chicken broccoli rice casserole?
- Chicken: Thighs and breast work well in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper
- Rice: I like to use medium grain white rice. Here in Hawai’i everyone knows the classic yellow bag of Hinode rice. This would have to be my favorite. You can also use brown rice. If using brown rice I would increase the liquid ratio to about 1 ½ cups of liquid to 1 cup brown rice.
- Broccoli: I use fresh broccoli, but you could use frozen if you’d like.
- Chicken broth: I use the low sodium option.
- Cheese: I like to use half cheddar and half mozzarella.
How long does it take to make Instant Pot chicken broccoli rice casserole?
From start to finish about 30 minutes. Perfect to whip up on busy weeknights or on the weekend just because it’s that good.
How to make Instant Pot chicken broccoli rice casserole?
Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add oil to Instant Pot insert. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Saute until browned.
Add rice, broccoli, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
Press cancel button to end saute mode. Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to sealing.
Set to manual high pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Quick release.
Once valve pin drops, open lid, and stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup medium grain white rice rinsed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add oil to Instant Pot insert. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Saute until browned.
- Add rice, broccoli, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Press cancel button to end saute mode. Place lid on Instant Pot and set valve to sealing.
- Set to manual high pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Quick release.
- Once valve pin drops, open lid, and stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases***