Healthy crispy air fryer sweet potato fries are perfectly seasoned and super easy to make. Don’t let the air fryer scare you away. You won’t miss all the greasiness that you get with traditional deep frying, trust me.
Looking to eat healthier, but still eat the foods that you love? Like french fries? Try this air fryer sweet potato fries recipe.
Air frying the sweet potatoes allows you to cut back tremendously on the oil and therefore have less fat. Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin A and fiber and are a great snack.
I’ve been loving my air fryer. This is the one I have.
What do I need to make air fryer sweet potato fries?
If you love the air fryer, check out these recipes
Can I use other types of potatoes?
Sure. Russet potatoes will work here as well as purple sweet potatoes.
How to cut sweet potato fries?
Cut the potato in half widthwise. Trim off the thin ends and stand potato on the flat base. Then slice in half vertically and in half again making 4 slices. Lay slices flat on your cutting surface and cut into strips. You can make them thin like shoestring fries or a little thicker like wedges, just be sure to cut all the same size to ensure even cooking.
Can you use frozen sweet potato fries for this recipe?
I like homemade fries better, however if you only have frozen sweet potato fries you can use them in this recipe as well. You will need to increase the cook time.
What temperature do I cook the fries at?
I cook my fries at 360F. You can opt to cook them at a higher or lower temperature, however your cook time will need to be adjusted.
How to store air fryer sweet potato fries?
These fries are best eaten fresh. If you miraculously have some leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. When you are ready to eat just reheat in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes.
How to avoid soggy fries?
No one likes soggy fries. The best way to ensure the most crispy fries is to ensure you are cooking the fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. When you stack the fries on each other you may end up with soggy fries. It also helps to toss the fries throughout the cooking time to ensure even crispness throughout.
How to make healthy crispy air fryer sweet potato fries?
Pre heat air fryer to 360F.
Cut the sweet potato into sticks. This can be done by cutting the potato in half width wise. Trim off the thin ends and stand potato on the flat base. Then slice in half vertically and in half again. Then lay slices flat on your cutting surface and cut into strips.
Add sweet potato to a large mixing bowl. Add avocado oil and toss to coat.
Then add garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
Spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray. Add sweet potato to the basket and spread out in a single layer for the best results.
Cook for 20-25 minutes tossing every 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre heat air fryer to 360F.
- Cut the sweet potato into sticks. This can be done by cutting the potato in half width wise. Trim off the thin ends and stand potato on the flat base. Then slice in half vertically and in half again. Then lay slices flat on your cutting surface and cut into strips.
- Add sweet potato to a large mixing bowl. Add avocado oil and toss to coat.
- Then add garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray. Add sweet potato to the basket and spread out in a single layer for the best results.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes tossing the air fryer basket every 5 minutes to rotate the fries and ensure even crispiness. Enjoy!
* You can substitute avocado oil for the oil of your choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil 8.4 oz., Non-GMO, for High-Heat Cooking, Frying, Baking, Homemade Sauces, Dressings and Marinades
- McCormick Fine Garlic Powder, 21 oz
- McCormick Sea Salt Grinder, 6.1 oz
- McCormick Table Ground Black Pepper, 16 oz
- McCormick Paprika, 18.4 oz
- NUWAVE BRIO 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer cooking package with one-touch digital controls, 6 easy presets, precise temperature control, recipe book, basket divider, wattage control, and advanced functions like PREHEAT, REHEAT and more, also includes grill pan, non-stick baking pan and stainless-steel cooking rack. (6-Quart + Ultimate Kit)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 562mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases***