These guava cheesecake bars have a creamy, decadent Hawaiian flare and best of all it’s an easy recipe. Just a few ingredients and you’ve got the perfect dessert to share with family and friends.
Mahalo to Foodland Hawai’i for sponsoring this post. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.
I love cheesecake, but I love cheesecake bars even more. Add a tropical fruit flavor of Hawai’i like guava for the cheesecake filling and it can’t be beat.
Guava + cheesecake + make it in a bar form = amazingness!
The best thing about cheesecake bars is the ability to easily share with one another and here in Hawai’i food and family are everything.
Just a few ingredients with some pantry staples will give you the most delicious and decadent dessert you’ve ever sunk your teeth into.
If you love cheesecake, you’ll have to try churro cheesecake, Instant Pot pumpkin cheesecake, or red velvet cheesecake brownies.
What’s the best way to serve cheesecake?
Personally I like to eat it as a stand alone dessert. You can opt to eat it chilled or at room temperature (remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving).
Ingredients for guava cheesecake bars
(Full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post)
- Maika’i Organic Vanilla Creme Cookies. These can be found at your local Foodland in the cracker and cookie aisle and make a great alternative to the classic graham crackers crust.
- Butter. I use unsalted, but you can use salted here as well.
- Cream cheese. Room temperature cream cheese makes for the smoothest cheesecake.
- Granulated sugar. You can replace this with brown sugar or your sweetener of choice.
- Vanilla. I like to use homemade vanilla extract https://keepingitrelle.com/instant-pot-vanilla-extract/, but feel free to pick some up from your local grocery store.
- Eggs. Using room temperature eggs will allow better incorporation in the cheesecake batter.
- Guava jam. I also like using fresh guavas to make homemade guava jam, but feel free to get the store bought jam, guava paste, or guava puree.
How to make guava cheesecake bars?
- Preheat the oven temperature to 350F.
2. Add Maika’i Organic Vanilla Creme Cookies to a food processor or blender. Blitz until a fine sand consistency. Add melted butter and mix until a wet sand consistency.
3. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the crumb mixture into the pan and press mixture down firmly until even spread.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. While the crust is baking, prepare the cream cheese filling.
5. To the large bowl of a stand mixer add room temperature cream cheese and sugar. On medium speed, mix until well combined. Next add sugar and room temperature eggs, 1 egg at a time. Mix until smooth. You can also use an electric mixer or hand mixer.
6. Once the crust has finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
7. Pour mixture of cream cheese evenly over the crust. Dollop spoonfuls of the guava jam on the cheesecake. Using a knife, swirl the guava jam throughout the cheesecake mixture.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake is lightly browned and slightly jiggly in the middle with an internal temperature of 180-190F.
9. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once cool cheesecake can be placed in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours or ideally overnight and ENJOY!
Tips for the best guava cheesecake recipe
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper or use non-stick cooking spray to allow easy removal of the cheesecake bars after baking.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Using room temperature cream cheese will give you the smoothest texture and using room temperature eggs will allow the ingredients to incorporate better.
- Be sure to add eggs in one at a time. This will allow the mixture to blend together well and create a more smooth batter.
- Bake your cheesecake to an internal temperature of about 180-190F.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.The guava cheesecake bars will hold their shape better when chilled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Other great recipes that use guava
Guava Cheesecake Bars
- 1 package 12 ounce Maika’i Organic Vanilla Creme Cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 blocks 8 ounces each cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup guava jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add Maika’i Organic Vanilla Creme Cookies to a food processor or blender. Blitz until a fine sand consistency. Add melted butter and mix until a wet sand consistency.
- Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the crumb mixture into the pan and press down firmly until even spread.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. While the crust is baking, prepare the cream cheese filling.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer add room temperature cream cheese and sugar. Mix until well combined. Next add sugar and room temperature eggs, 1 egg at a time. Mix until smooth.
- Once the crust has finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Dollop spoonfuls of the guava jam on the cheesecake. Using a knife, swirl the guava jam throughout the cheesecake mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until slightly jiggly in the middle and an internal temperature of 180-190F.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until cooled and ENJOY!
© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it. Instagram
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.
9 thoughts on “Guava Cheesecake Bars”
These were delicious! And I love the fabulous twist guava brings. Will definitely make again.
so easy and so delicious – we loved these bars
New recipe for cheese bar and its delicious. Thank you.
I enjoy all of your recipes and often
share them with my family and friends!
Both on Hawaii and on the Mainland!
Yes I would buy one of your Awesome
Cook Books! Keep up your good work
by sharing your awesome yummy recipe’s with everyone!
Kung Hee Fat Choy The year of the
Aloha Ernestine. Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words. Have a great day!
The textures in these dreamy cheesecake bars are perfect. I love how simple the recipe was to make. Thanks for sharing!
Aloha Relle, made this recipe with my Grand children and we loved it soooooo ONO. I just got #3 bout Costco stuff would you plz send 1&2. Keep up da Ono recipes. Mahalo, Henry
Aloha Henry. So great to hear. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great day.