Crunchy outside, chewy inside, and packed with warm spices and delicious pumpkin flavor. These easy gluten free pumpkin mochi waffles are perfect to add to your breakfast rotation.
Okay, but these waffles scream fall (or let’s face it, it’s great anytime of the year). Notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. All while mixed into a delicious waffle.
I mean who doesn’t love a good waffle for breakfast? I’m totally a sweets for breakfast kind of a girl. Give me all the pancakes, waffles, and french toast you can.
Ingredients needed to make pumpkin mochi waffles
- 3/4 cups milk. Any milk will work here.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree. Be sure to get pumpkin puree, but pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Feel like making your own? Check out my homemade vanilla extract recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Make your own or pick up a store bought mix.
- 1 1/4 cup mochiko flour. This can be found in the Asian aisle at most grocery stores. If you want the classic chewy center of mochi waffles, unfortunately you can not substitute this for all purpose flour.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. This will help with rising.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Are there any substitutions I can make?
- Non-dairy milks can be used.
What are pumpkin mochi waffles?
Mochi waffles are made with mochiko flour which gives it a chewy center like that of mochi. These waffles are pumpkin spiced flavor.
Are pumpkin mochi waffles gluten free?
YES! Mochiko is naturally gluten free.
What kind of toppings can I use?
Some popular toppings include
- Maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Ice cream
How to store pumpkin waffles?
These are best eaten fresh off the waffle iron. If you happen to have leftovers you can store in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also prepare the batter ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and cook the day you want to eat it.
How to reheat?
Reheating can be done on the waffle iron or in the microwave.
More recipes for the mochi lovers
How to make pumpkin mochi waffles?
Preheat waffle iron.
In a medium mixing bowl add milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
In another medium mixing bowl add mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry. Whisk until just combined.
Spray nonstick cooking spray on the waffle iron. Add 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of the batter to the waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Add toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup mochiko flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl add milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl add mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Whisk until just combined.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on the waffle iron. Add 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of the batter to the waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
*This recipe is gluten free.
*You can substitute non-dairy milk in this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Libby's, 100% Pure Pumpkin, 15oz Can (Pack of 6)
McCormick Sea Salt Grinder, 6.1 oz
Calumet Baking Powder, 7 oz can, (3 pack)
C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar, 20 Oz Easy Pour Reclosable Top Canister (Pack of 2)
Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour, 16 Ounce, Pack of 2
McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, 16 fl oz
McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice, 2 oz
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.