Deliciously creamy bright green edamame hummus perfect for dipping your favorite crackers, chips, veggies, or even your FINGERS. This spin on traditional hummus will have you coming back for more.
Bring on the star of the show. . .EDAMAME. This recipe takes all of FIVE minutes and you’ve got yourself a yummy homemade snack.
Looking for another recipe using edamame? Check out my recipe for edamame rice.
Wait what? Edamame in hummus? You betcha. Swap out those chickpeas for these soft young soybeans and be prepared for amazingness.
What is hummus?
Hummus is popular in the Middle East and is made from chickpeas, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon, and garlic. Edamame hummus uses edamame instead of chickpeas.
This recipe was inspired by Food Network. Kept it simple and nixed some herbs and spices and my kids LOVE it.
Where can I find tahini?
Tahini can be found near the peanut butter spreads in your local grocery stores or if all else fails on Amazon. I used organic tahini from Whole Foods.
Is edamame hummus healthy?
Yup. Edamame is a complete source of protein and is rich in calcium, vitamin C/K, iron, and folate. Tahini, ground sesame seed paste, is said to improve heart health, bring down inflammation, and according to Healthline potential cancer fighting effects.
What pairs well with edamame hummus?
- Veggie sticks
- Pita bread
If you’ve got dietary restrictions, edamame hummus is
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Refined sugar free
- Dairy free
- Grain free
How to make edamame hummus?
In a food processor blend edamame, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and lemon zest. Drizzle in 1 1/4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil through the feed tube while continuing to blend. Place in a serving dish and lightly drizzle remaining olive oil over top.
- Roots Circle All-Natural Sesame Tahini Paste | 100% Pure Rich & Creamy Ground Sesame Seed Paste for Hummus, Tahini Sauce, Dressing & Dips | Vegan, Kosher | Non-GMO, Gluten & Peanut-Free (2 Jars 16 Oz)
- In a food processor blend edamame, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and lemon zest.
- Drizzle in 1 1/4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil through the feed tube while continuing to blend.
- Place in a serving dish and lightly drizzle remaining olive oil over top.
- Serve with chips, crackers, pita bread, veggie sticks.
© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Love this recipe? Please give it a 5 star rating.
Pin for later.