Easy crispy air fryer bacon is the ultimate addition to your breakfast needs, actually you can have it any time of day. Perfectly crispy and oh so delicious candied slices of bacon will be sure to please the crowd. And the best part is no bacon grease splatters to clean up.
Bacon in the air fryer has to be one of the easiest and best recipes around. This air fryer bacon recipe uses maple syrup and brown sugar to candy the bacon, but if you like your bacon plain you can totally leave them out.
I absolutely love my air fryer. This is the one I have. The air fryer works like a convection oven and circulates the hot air. It is a smaller area to heat, therefore will cook faster than cooking in a traditional convection oven.
And don’t you worry, the food comes out just as crispy. The only thing I would not suggest cooking in the air fryer is wet dredges, like tempura.
But bacon, let’s talk about bacon. I mean who doesn’t love bacon? It may not be the most healthy food option, but hey everything in moderation right?
If we are looking at the positives of bacon, it is high in protein, B vitamins, selenium, and phosphorus. A few slices here and there is acceptable.
If you love the air fryer, check out these recipes:
Bacon goes great with Instant Pot egg bites. A healthy breakfast addition to go with your bacon is an acai bowl. And of course the popular breakfast food sheet pan pancakes.
What do I need to make air fryer maple candied bacon?
- Bacon. Any tip of bacon. I prefer the thick cut.
- Maple sugar. I like to use pure maple syrup here.
- Light brown sugar. You can substitute for dark brown sugar here for a more molasses flavor.
- Air fryer. Of course you could always pan fry, bake, or microwave, but this method is by far my favorite.
What temperature do I cook air fryer bacon at?
I like to cook mine at 400F. If you use less heat you will need to increase cook time and if you use more heat you will need to increase cook time.
How long to cook air fryer bacon?
It takes just about 8-10 minutes to get a pretty crispy strip of bacon. If you like it less crispy cook bacon for a shorter period and if you like it more crispy cook it longer.
How to store air fryer maple candied bacon?
Bacon is best eaten fresh out of the air fryer, however you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or 2-3 months in the freezer. When you are ready to eat, reheat in the air fryer to get the crispiness back.
How to make air fryer maple candied bacon?
Pre heat air fryer to 400F.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add maple syrup and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
Lay the bacon strips in a single layer on a cooling rack set over a cookie sheet. Brush the maple syrup mixture over the bacon until well coated. Flip bacon and repeat on the other side.
Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the bacon strips in a single layer in the basket. You may need to trim your bacon strips for it to fit nicely. Avoid stacking bacon strips on each other as this will prevent the bacon from crisping up nicely.
Cook for 8-10 minutes or until desired crispiness. Flip bacon strips half way through cooking. Enjoy!
Easy Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- NUWAVE BRIO 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer cooking package with one-touch digital controls, 6 easy presets, precise temperature control, recipe book, basket divider, wattage control, and advanced functions like PREHEAT, REHEAT and more, also includes grill pan, non-stick baking pan and stainless-steel cooking rack. (6-Quart + Ultimate Kit)
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Pre heat air fryer to 400F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add maple syrup and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Lay the bacon strips in a single layer on a cooling rack set over a cookie sheet. Brush the maple syrup mixture over the bacon until well coated. Flip bacon and repeat on the other side.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Lay the bacon strips in a single layer in the basket. You may need to trim your bacon strips for it to fit nicely. Avoid stacking bacon strips on each other as this will prevent the bacon from crisping up nicely.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until desired crispiness. Flip bacon strips half way through cooking. Enjoy!
© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.
***As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases***
3 thoughts on “Easy Crispy Air Fryer Maple Candied Bacon”
oh goodness the maple really adds so much. I don’t think I’ll ever cook bacon without it again
Hands down this is the best use for my air fryer to date! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Love the idea of making candied bacon!