This easy lemon caper chicken recipe is made in the Crock Pot and perfect for busy weeknights. Creamy lemon caper butter sauce drizzled over tender juicy chicken served over rice or noodles. So so good.
After a long day at work, what’s better than coming home to an already cooked dinner?
Busy working mom and late night shifts call for slow cooker dinner recipes. Set it and forget it. Looking for an easy weeknight dinner, then you’re in the right spot.
Looking for a new slow cooker? Here are some slow cookers that I love
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- chicken broth
- whole milk
- heavy whipping cream
- lemon juice
What are capers?
Check out the article above.
For more lemon flavor add in the cut lemons you juiced during the cooking process.
Omit rice/noodles for a keto friendly recipe.
How to make lemon caper butter chicken?
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken breast in slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix milk, cream, lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, paprika, capers.
- Mix in butter.
- Pour the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of liquid from pot. Mix in corn starch. Add slurry back to pot to thicken.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 1085mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 58g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases