Brownie mix cookies: soft, fudgy center, ever so slightly crispy edges, and filled with chocolate chips. This recipe is for all you chocolate lovers out there.
Day 5 of the 12 days of cookies: Brownie mix cookies.
If you missed days 1-4, check them out below
- Day 1: Easy chocolate chip cookies
- Day 2: Soft oatmeal cookies
- Day 3: Macadamia nut snowball cookies
- Day 4: Lilikoi butter thumbprint cookies
Are you team brownie or team cookie? Why not be both. No need to pick sides here. This quick easy brownie mix cookie recipe takes your regular old boxed brownie mix and transforms it into deliciously fudgy cookies. And you can’t go wrong with that right?
I know, I know you’re thinking boxed brownie mix, what? You can use your favorite homemade brownie mix for this recipe if you’d like. This is for those days when your in a hurry or just want to have a chocolate cookie quickly. All it takes is a box of brownie mix and a few extra ingredients and you have this amazing hybrid of a brownie mix cookie.
What do I need to make brownie mix cookies?
- Boxed brownie mix, any brand will do. You can even use your own homemade brownie mix here.
- All purpose flour. Best measured by scooping the flour with a spoon into a measuring cup and level with a flat edge like a knife. You can read more about it here.
- Vegetable oil, canola oil, or really the oil of your choice
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
What other add-ins can I use?
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Chopped pretzels
- Or omit them all together
How to store brownie mix cookies?
These are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It will keep for about 5 days.
Can I freeze the dough?
You sure can. Wrap dough in plastic wrap (or the plastic free wrapper of choice) and place in a zip top bag. This will keep in the freezer for about 6 months. You can also opt to freeze the dough in individual balls. When ready to bake allow to soften at room temperature prior to baking. You can bake these from frozen, however your baking time may need to be adjusted.
What can I eat these brownie mix cookies with?
A good old ice cold glass of milk. I more of a take a bite of cookie then take a sip of milk kind of person. My husband on the other hand likes to dip the cookies in the milk until softened and eat them that way. You can always just eat these as is. You can sandwich a scoop of ice cream between the cookies or dust with powdered sugar. No matter how you eat it, it’s delicious.
How to make brownie mix cookies?
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, eggs, flour, oil, and chocolate chips. With a hand mixer combine ingredients until well combined. This will create a thick batter.
Using a large cookie scoop, scoop a mound of dough on to the cookie sheet, being sure to spread out your dough 1-2 inches as these cookies will spread.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted and removed clean.
Tap baking sheet on the counter to create a crinkled top.
Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool and ENJOY!
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, eggs, flour, oil, and chocolate chips. With a hand mixer combine ingredients until well combined. This will create a thick batter.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop a mound of dough on to the cookie sheet, being sure to spread out your dough 1-2 inches as these cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted and removed clean.
- Tap baking sheet on the counter to create a crinkled top.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool and ENJOY!
*These cookies will spread. If you prefer slightly thicker cookies instead of using one large cookie scoop you can use a smaller scoop and place two scoops directly on to one another prior to baking. This will create a thicker, softer cookie.
*You can swap out the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, white chocolate, butterscotch chips, or omit all together.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Tried this recipe? Tag me on social. I’d love to see and share it.
Tried and love this recipe? Please give it a rating.
Pin for later.