Super-easy and super-tasty, let your air fryer do all the hard work with this easy-to-make and delicious Air Fryer Steak Bites recipe. With just the right amount of garlic, these beef bites are buttery, tender, and cook up in hardly any time!
My family and I love steak, but I don’t always have time to heat up the grill. That’s when I turn to my trusty air-fryer to make these amazing Air Fryer Steak Bites. Air frying is easy, quick, and the results are always delicious!
Use your favorite cut of steak to make this easy-peasy recipe and pair it with tasty side dishes like easy Hawaiian Macaroni Salad or this moist Cornbread. Save any leftovers and pop them into a tortilla with lettuce and salsa to make a quick taco, chop them up finely and put them in a quesadilla, or get a big bowlful of leafy greens and make a steak salad with the leftover steak bites.
This recipe works well in both basket and oven-style air fryers, so grab a knife and your steak and air fry something amazing for dinner tonight!
Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Steak Bites
(Full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post)
- Sirloin steak – look for steak that’s about ½-inch thick and trim excess fat from the steak
- Avocado oil – avocado oil works best in the high temperatures of an air fryer. You can use olive oil if you’re in a pinch
- Hawaiian salt – These are larger crystals and can be found at most grocery stores in Hawai’i or online
- Pepper – Ground pepper or fresh cracked pepper work well.
- Unsalted butter – I like using unsalted butter so that I can control the salt. If all you’ve got is salted butter, just reduce the salt in this recipe by half
- Garlic cloves – fresh is best! Use finely chopped fresh garlic in this recipe
How to Make Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cubed steak, avocado oil, Hawaiian salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat the steak cubes.
- Place the steak cubes in the air fryer basket or on the tray in a single layer. Cook steak bites for 5-7 minutes or until the desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine the melted butter and garlic in a small bowl. When the steak cubes are perfectly tender and cooked, toss them in the garlic butter sauce, let cool slightly, and enjoy!
What Kind of Steak Should I Used to Make Air Fryer Steak Bites?
I love using sirloin steak. Not only is it an affordable cut of steak, but it is tender and full of flavor. You could also use New York strip or ribeye steaks in this recipe.
Stay away from super-lean cuts like flank steak – those are best cooked on a grill.
Tips To Make Steak Bites Air Fryer-Style
- Always preheat your air fryer to ensure that food cooks properly
- Trim any fat or gristle from your steak before cubing it
- Cut the steak into equal-sized cubes for even cooking
- Serve air-fried steak bites with the garlic butter, or put out some steak sauce for dipping
Steak Bites Variations
- Add some quartered mushrooms to the air fryer with your steak bites
- Add thinly sliced onions to the steak bites while cooking
- Add freshly chopped parsley to the finished bites for a pop of freshness
- Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to the butter sauce if you like a bit of spice
How Do I Know My Steak Bites are Cooked?
You can use a digital meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak bites. Remember that they’ll continue to cook for another minute after you take them out of the air fryer. Use this as a guide and keep in mind that the more the steak is cooked, the chewier it can become:
- Rare: 125-130F
- Medium-rare: 130F
- Medium: 140F
- Medium-well: 150F
More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
- Air fryer crispy pork belly
- Air fryer furikake salmon
- Air fryer coconut shrimp
- Air fryer teriyaki meatballs
- Air fryer sweet potato fries
Frequently Asked Questions
These easy air-fried steak bites cook in as little as 5 minutes if you like them rare to medium-rare. Cook them for another minute or two if you like your steak cooked more.
You bet! Start with a good-quality steak, cut it into cubes, season it, then dip into that luscious garlic butter and that’s it! You can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
Yes, they are! Naturally gluten-free, you can enjoy this dish with confidence.
Yes! These are keto air fryer steak bites and they’re also low-carb. Enjoy them with confidence on a keto lifestyle.
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Place steak, avocado oil, Hawaiian salt, and pepper into a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the steak to the air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until desired doneness.
- While the steak is cooking add butter and garlic to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- When the steak is done, remove from the air fryer and toss in garlic butter mixture. Cool slightly and ENJOY!
- -Medium-well: 150F
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.